Andrew Johnson was the 17th president of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869. He assumed the presidency as he was vice president at the time of the... Wikipedia
- Born: December 29, 1808, Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.
- Died: July 31, 1875, Elizabethton, Tennessee, U.S.
- Cause of death: Stroke
- Resting place: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, Tennessee
- Political party: Democratic (1839–1864, 1868–1875)
- Other political affiliations: National Union (1864–1868)
- Children: 5
- Parents: Jacob Johnson, Mary McDonough
- Profession: Tailor
- Vice President: None
- Preceded by: Abraham Lincoln
- Succeeded by: Ulysses S. Grant
- Data source: DuckDuckGo