Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah opened on Monday registration for those wishing to perform Hajj this year through its website. Out of the total 10,000 pilgrims; 70 percent will be foreigners residing in the Kingdom, with Saudis making up the remaining 30 percent.
Saudi Arabia also decided to allow only 10,000 domestic pilgrims to perform Hajj this year. This is in the wake of the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.The main criterion
Sound health conditions will also be the main criterion for allowing the performance of Hajj this year. Among Saudis, only health practitioners and security personnel who recovered from coronavirus can perform Hajj. They will be picked from the database of the recovered persons; who have fulfilled the health criteria to perform the Hajj rituals. This is in recognition of their commendable role in taking care of the health of various segments of the society in all phases of the fight against the pandemic, the SPA also reported quoting the ministry sources.
In a statement, the ministry also said that the registration on the website (localhaj.haj.gov.sa) for expatriates started on Monday and will end on Friday (July 10) and that the results of Hajj nomination will be announced on Sunday (July 12).Strict selection
The selection of eligible expatriates and the performance of their pilgrimage will be strictly in line with coronavirus preventive protocols. Only those expatriates between the ages of 20 and 50; who are not suffering from any chronic diseases need to apply. The applicants also have to declare that they do not have diabetes; blood pressure; heart disease; and respiratory diseases and that they are not infected with coronavirus or showing its symptoms. They also have to produce a certificate after undergoing polymerase chain reaction (PCR) medical test.
The applicants must have to give a pledge through the icon on the website that they did not perform Hajj earlier. They will also remain in mandatory home quarantine for 14 days before Hajj as well as 14 days after Hajj. They need to be in contact with the Ministry of Health on a daily basis; through mobile applications in line with the protocols approved by the ministry.
The ministry also indicated that submitting the application through the electronic path is an initial submission. Final registration for the Hajj will be only after the issuance of the final approval in the path. This is also after ensuring that the applicant has met all the health and regulatory standards. The result of the application will be sent to applicants; through a text message on mobile phone numbers mentioned in the application.
The ministry also stated that it will cancel the application in an event of non-compliance with health or regulatory requirements. The ministry may cancel the approval at any time if it finds any discrepancies in the provided information.