NEW DELHI: Prime Minister
on Thursday said that the current Covid
situation demands a fresh mindset where the approach to development is human-centric.
Delivering the key note address to the third leadership summit of US India Strategic and Partnership Forum (USISPF), PM Modi said that when 2020 began nobody imagined how this pandemic would pan out.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi's address:
* A global pandemic has impacted everyone. It's testing our resilience, public
and economic system. The current situation demands fresh mindset where the approach to development is human-centric.
* India was one of the first countries to create awareness on social distancing, face masks and other measures. India, a country with 1.3 billion people and limited resources, has one of the lowest death rates per million in the world. The recovery rate is also steadily rising.
* The pandemic has impacted several things but it has not impacted the aspirations and of ambitions of 1.3 billion Indians. In recent months, there have been far reaching reforms. These are making business easier and red-tapism lesser
* In record time, medical infrastructure was scaled up in India.
* I am happy with the businessmen of India who have made India world's second biggest
* The pandemic has shown the world that the decision on developing global supply chains should be based not only on costs but also be based on trust.
* Along with affordability of geography, companies are now also looking for reliability and policy stability. India is the location which has all of these qualities.
* India offers a transparent and predictable tax regime. Our system encourages and supports honest tax payers.