may be a girl’s best friend, but what if man’s best friend takes a shine to diamonds? A six-month-old teething
(in pic) romping around in a diamantaire’s Pune home did precisely that when he found two stones valued at Rs 1.5 lakh that he couldn’t chew but managed to gulp down.
Luckily for the playful pet and much to the relief of his anxious family, a procedure to extricate the diamonds went off well. Veterinary surgeon Dr Narendra Pardeshi, who performed the gastroscopy, also found a needle, two coat buttons, rubber wire and some thread in the pup’s stomach.
While the diamantaire’s family wouldn’t speak about the episode, Pardeshi said the sparkling stones apparently caught the curious pup’s eye while he was playing on his own. The unusual menu left the pup in obvious discomfort.
Destined to go down in canine lore as the dog who ‘wagged’ the diamonds, the precious pup is back to his sniffy, chewy self. As for his family, they treasure him more than diamonds, the vet said.