* Odisha, Punjab, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and a few smaller states like Goa and the Union territory of J&K are emerging as new Covid-19 hotspots with positivity rates, or total cases per 100 tests, more than doubling in the last month.
* Uttarakhand government seals borders of Haridwar district to restrict the entry of devotees for 'Kanwar Yatra'. UP's Muzaffarnagar, Shamli districts seal borders to prevent entry of kanwariyas.
* More than 15 lakh people have been quarantined in Mumbai after contact-tracing so far since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the city civic body said.
* No community transmission of Covid-19 in Karnataka so far, informed the state govt to the central team monitoring the state.
* After travelling 400 km from Arunachal Pradesh to Meghalaya for treatment, eight-month-old baby died within hours of testing Covid-19 positive.
* A 60 year old man died by suicide at a quarantine centre of Pune municipal corporation in Kondhwa on Monday. He and his son had tested positive for Covid-19. Cause yet to be ascertained, said authorities.
* Referring to media reports that more than 50 children in a shelter home in Kanpur were found infected with coronavirus, the Supreme Court has directed the Uttar Pradesh government to file status report.
* A close relative of Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, who had been staying at his official residence in Patna, has tested positive for Covid-19, said sources.
* Another 1,178 cases take Andhra Pradesh’s Covid-19 tally to 21,197. Thirteen more deaths increase overall toll to 252, as per the government bulletin Tuesday.
* As per Himachal Pradesh health department figures, 1,853 people were tested Tuesday and one tested Covid-19 positive. Fourteen people were cured in the last 24 hours. The total number of positive cases in the state stands at 1078 and 9 deaths.
* A record 1,346 Covid-19 cases have been reported in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours. Tally goes up to 30,340. Death toll in UP stood at 827.
* More than 10,000 people have tested Covid-19 positive in Odisha.
* National Institute of Ageing in Chennai's Guindy has been converted to a Covid Care hospital.