File photo of Basavaraj Bommai with BSY Yediyurappa.
NEW DELHI: Karnataka BJP legislature party on Tuesday elected Basavaraj Bommai as its leader, ending the speculation over the successor of BS Yediyurappa.
Here's all you need to know about the next chief minister of Karnataka:-
- Bommai represents the Shiggaon constituency in the Haveri district.
- He was the home, law and parliamentary affairs minister in Yediyurappa's cabinet.
- He comes from a political family. Bommai is the son of late former chief minister S R Bommai, who held office from 1988–1989.
- He has previously served as minister of water resources and cooperation.
- Bommai, considered a close confidant of Yediyurappa, started his political career with Janata Dal.
- He joined BJP in 2008.
- Bommai is a graduate in Mechanical engineering.