NEW DELHI: A
special CBI court
on Wednesday acquitted all 32 accused in the
demolition case, giving a major relief to saffron stalwarts like former deputy PM
L K Advani
, former UP CM Kalyan Singh, former Union minister M M Joshi, former MP CM Uma Bharti, Bajrang Dal founder Vinay Katiyar and three BJP MPs — Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh, Lallu Singh and Sakshi Maharaj.
Key observations of CBI court
1. Everything was normal till 12:00 noon on December 6, 1992 and Ashok Singhal was asking kar sevaks to bring sand and water from Saryu for symbolic kar seva. This was done to keep both hands of kar sevaks occupied so that they didn’t bring any device to harm the structure.
2. When Singhal announced the symbolic kar seva, one section got infuriated and climbed the disputed structure. Singhal again asked this group to climb down, but they started throwing stones and even attacking him.
3. Many kar sevaks who were peacefully going about their job got injured in the stone-pelting. So, how can one consider that the two were of the same group when they didn’t have a common goal?
4. The fact that RSS and VHP volunteers were taking care of arrangements for women, the elderly, the media proves that there was no planning done by the named accused to bring down the disputed structure on December 6, 1992
5. There is no evidence to prove that the accused persons sitting on the Ram Katha Kunj dais and Singhal and
standing nearby played any role behind the action of the section of kar sevak which suddenly got agitated and started harming the structure
6. The section of the kar sevaks which suddenly got violent and started bringing down the structure can only be called ‘unruly elements’ (arajak tattva)
7. An LIU report of December 2, 1992 about the possibility of untoward incidents in Ayodhya and December 5, 1992, Union home department report about the presence of Pakistan-backed antinational persons in the temple town was not probed.
8. There were contradictions in the deposition of witnesses produced by the CBI. Many of them were not even present at the scene.
9. CBI couldn’t prove that all 49 accused had ever assembled together at a certain place and a time to discuss the kar seva to be performed on December 6, 1992.
10. As for the hate speeches, the CBI couldn’t prove which accused said what and raised which slogans which could have led to communal animosity. The video cassettes that have been presented were edited and tampered. It has been accepted by the related witnesses.